Pages

Tuesday 14 December 2010

Virtual Advent Calendar: Day 14

So which do you prefer - putting up your Christmas tree as soon as the supermarkets start selling selection boxes, or leaving it as late as Ebenezer Scrooge?? I try and refrain from putting mine up to early but my parents would be happy enough to leave it 'till a couple of days before Christmas. Bah Humbug!

Behind door number 14 is...

source

...the Christmas Tree! Apparently the tradition of decorating a Fir tree at Christmas dates back to 16th Century Germany & Livonia where trees were adorned with candles and foods meant as gifts for local Children.

I am so enjoying having a real tree this year. For the past few years I've had a nasty fold up one - handy in not having to sweep up the pine needles but I've really missed that amazing real tree smell. You really can't beat it. I think a living tree will have to go on my Grown Up wish list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.