Pages

Saturday 4 December 2010

Virtual Advent Calendar: Day 4

The village Christmas tree is up and the lights are twinkling. I used to love curling up in my bedroom windowsill and watching the lights through the rain (and let's face it, in Wales it rains a lot!) shimmering and blurring.

Now that I'm back in my childhood bedroom (and can still curl up in the windowsill - got to love those 3 foot deep stone walls) I'm disappointed that the tree has been repositioned to a new home up the road and I can't see the lights anymore. Pesky health and safety regulations at work to spoil Christmas again no doubt!

Anyway, back to the matter at hand. Behind door No. 4 is...


...Christmas baubles. My mum has a lovely tradition of picking up a Christmas bauble when she goes on holiday or trips away so that the Christmas tree is decorated with little shining memories. It's so inspiring that I'm thinking of abandoning my "everything must match and be even and symmetrical" OCD way of decorating my tree. Yes I know!

I'm have a big stack of felt just waiting to be fashioned into lovely baubles so I'm going to spend a good chunk of this week making my own Christmas decorations. And before I go to doodle and jot down some ideas I'll just draw your attention to the lovely necklace by FunkY Pendants. I haven't come across this shop before but I have my eye on a few of the lovely pieces - pop on over to take a look for yourselves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.