Pages

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Wishlist Wednesday

The more I think about it, the more unimpressed I am with the way things are made these days. Technology has improved leaps and bounds, but I find myself drawn more and more towards vintage and retro designs. They're so much more fun, more colourful and more unique. Today on my grown up wish list is a telephone. A big, chunky, eye-catching telephone. Here are a few that jumped out at me:

source

My sister and I made countless and very important phone calls on an old cream phone similar to this one in our Wendy House when we were little. Love the colour of this one though!

These types of phones always remind me of Mr Banks, the father from Mary Poppins. Supercalafragalisticexpialadoshus!

This beautiful 1920s wooden and tin toy telephone is the most gorgeous shade of blue. Some lucky kid must have gotten a whole childhood of fun out of this one.

That orange again! I am now officially in love with that orange. I love these 1960s Grillo fold up phones - the word dinky springs to mind (and come to think of it I haven't used that word in a very long time!).

And this photo looks like you've just re-wound 30 years to your granny's sitting room. Look at that wall paper! Love it.

So would I miss my caller ID? My answerphone? Of course, but surely that's what mobile phones are for? In the mean time however, I'm stuck with my boring black modern digital phone - at least I'm still able to screen my calls though right??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.