Pages

Monday 27 September 2010

Change is a coming

Well I was right on friday not to predict what the weekend had in store for me. I had lots of fun, went to the cinema, watched some live music, saw some (bad) comedy, but the most random experience of all was the tour of the Masonic Hall as part of Derry's Culture Night on Friday.

Now I must admit that I hadn't much of a clue what the Freemasons did before going and I can say hand on heart that I was none the wiser after the tour! They encouraged us to ask questions but refused to answer most of what we did ask, and then claimed that there's no secrecy involved with the organization!

source

Dear me we were confused. Then last night I picked up Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol that's been sitting on my bedside table for 3 weeks and realised it was all about Masons! I'm kinda glad I didn't start reading it before going though or I'd have been a bit more aprehensive I think.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings - to the point of the post. Next week I have surgery so I won't be around for a few weeks so I'm planning some blog posts to write in advance. I suppose I'm looking for some feedback on what you'd like to see up here? Any requests? I'm planning a how-to on some different knitting stitches, some tutorial round-ups and my usual wordless / wishlist wednesday features. I'm hoping to do some getting to know you crafter interviews too so if you're interested in being interviewed please get in touch! Any other suggestions? I'd love to hear them! :)

1 comment:

  1. I've enjoyed reading your book reviews, and tutorials are always fun to read, so they'd be my suggestions. I'm up for being interviewed if your still looking for people :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.