Pages

Thursday 8 July 2010

Me Day

Some of you twitter frequenters may have heared me harping on about going kayaking yesterday. Remember how excited I was?? I've been double canoeing and white water rafting before so I was really looking forward to it!

Well more fool me is all that I can say. Apart from actually drowning I don't think it could have gotten much worse. I capsized and couldn't flip the damn thing round again. Scary stuff. But then I accidentally capsized without having taken a breath first and got completely stuck. I couldn't flip the boat and couldn't find the tag to pull the skirt off and free my legs. I managed to grab the instructors kayak as instructed but my head kept getting pushed back under. It got to the point where I knew I needed to breathe and sucked in a load of water.

Thankfully I got dragged out before I took another lung full of water. And that was the end of my kayaking experience. I pulled myself out of the water and sat in the wind in a wet suit for 45 mins. I wouldn't recommend that either!

Now anyone who knows me will know that I am a calm person. I don't panic easily. But I honestly have never been that scared in my entire life and most definitely will not be doing anything remotely life threatening ever again!

So today I am taking a me day. My muscles are aching, my throat is sore and I feel very sick. So I'm going to lie on my sofa watching vampire DVDs and sipping tea. But on the plus side, as one lovely lady said to me last night - that's one thing I can cross off my Bucket List!

So I'll leave you with a song that I love that I can't stop singing since "the event":


1 comment:

  1. That's awful. I'm so glad someone came to your rescue! What a nightmare! Glad you're back on dry land. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.