Pages

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Sunshine Blog Award!


So this morning I boot up the computer, go get a bowl of weetabix, open up my emails and what do I find? A lovely little blog notification saying that Sarah from Wrapped Up With String has nominated me for a Sunshine Blog Award. This has completely made my week! It is so reassuring to know that there are people out there who actually read, let alone enjoy my random musings!

The Sunshine Award is awarded to bloggers whose positivity and creativity inspires others in the blog world.
The rules for accepting this award:
- Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
- Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
- Link the nominees within your post.
- Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
- Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.

So my first thought when I read the part about passing the award along was "How am I going to find 12 people to give it to?!" but as soon as I realised the size of my blog list it soon turned into "How am I ever going to choose just 12?!"

So after much deliberation here they are, in no particular order, my most favourite blogs that I regularly read:

Dottie Angel - Tif's dealings with Mr Hook and lots of yummy yarn are always amusing and if ever I'm feeling a bit off I just click over to her "shiny space". When there you can't help but feel soothed and relaxed.





The Linen Cat - Beth's items are seriously sweet and her blog has inspired me to play around with linen. I'm usually a cotton girl through and through! Also I love her design scrap book and want to start something similar myself when I get up and running.


Curly Birdie - Quite simply, Maria is one of those people who makes me wish I had babies purely so that I could dress them in her adorable Crochet booties and hats. I'd recommend her handmades to any mum.



Lucy Kate Crafts - Amy makes the cutest softies - her blog is a felt haven and I love her tutorials. Well worth a visit for anyone not familiar with her blog!




The Rainbow Room - All of Claire's products are so vibrant. Her blog is like a virtual cure to SAD syndrome. I defy anyone who's having a bad day to pop over to her blog and not crack a smile.



Happy Zombie - Monica's items are so inspiring. The colours and fabrics that she uses are gorgeous and I love some of her more wacky designs!




She Draws - Laura designs and makes the loveliest handmade buttons. She also carves her own stamps and prints onto fabric. I love the illustrative style of her designs.



Don't Look Now - The most beautiful quilted items I have ever seen In my life. I am green with envy every time I pop over to Kellie's blog! There are some great tutorials there too. Go take a look!





Messy Jesse - Jessie sews the loveliest pouches, purses and rolls. Currently she's offering free worldwide shipping in her etsy shop so go take a look!



Attic 24 - Lucy's blog is hands down my favourite crochet blog. I love the vibrant yarn that she uses and her beautiful home adorned with cushions and throws has inspired me to do a bit of crocheting for me and my home this year.




Allsorts - Jenny creates the sweetest embroidery patterns, makes lovely dolls and stuffed toys and has some handy tutorials on her blog too. But the thing that impresses me the most is her marvelous craft workshop - I am green with envy!



The Royal Sisters - I am very jealous about Michelle's ability to make the loveliest crocheted cushions. Round and puffy, you just want to take a run and jump on one!





So there you have it - my top 12 blog list, all of whom are, in my opinion, well deserving of a lovely Sunshine Award. I hope they'll all be smiling as much as I am right now when they receive them. Happy Days!

6 comments:

  1. Wow the post is stunning, well done to all nominated ..well deserved methinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SO much for the award, I truly appreciate it...........also lovely to see which others you've chosen, many of whom are new to me so I'm off to do a bit of blog-hopping....thanks again :o)
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank youooooooo! I was tending towards grumpy rain cloud today (no sunshine in this house, this morning) so I am cheered up no end.

    Loving all the other blogs listed, there are a few I don't know so I have plenty of catch-up reading to do, they all look great.

    Thanks again and glad to read I am converting you to a little linen!

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was too tending toward grumpy rain cloud day and was chuffed to bits when I got mine - thought I'd share the joy! Hope you pass them on too - it's a great way to recommend some lovely blogs. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. : )
    Thanks so much!! I just love how you described my blog : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you liked it! I'm now pinching some of your recommendations :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.