Pages

Wednesday 19 October 2011

Great Aunty Nel

Yes it's true that I sit and knit in my rocking chair, that my sofa sports a purple granny square throw, and that my flat is kitted out with all manner of charity shop treasures. I have, on many an occasion, been called old before my time. But I'm not sure how I feel with the concept of becoming a great aunt. At the grand old age of 25. No that wasn't a typo. I did indeed say 25. Look I did it again!

For those of you baffled by this concept (believe me I am!) I should explain that my dad had his first batch of kids at 18, and was a graying 40yr old when I was born, so my oldest niece is subsequently only a couple of months younger than me. Keeping up? And it turns out that she has not one, but two buns in the oven! And would you believe that she has two identical buns in the oven?? Oh my! Two lovely, squidgy, can't tell them apart bundles of trouble expected to arrive early next year.

So, once all my Christmas makes are done, I'm in danger of going overboard making things to fit little teeny tiny people. Teeny tiny little boy people no less. I just can't decide what to make - there's so much adorable stuff out there!



1 comment:

  1. Jeebus I broke out in a cold sweat reading this! Twins are hard work especially when she is so young. But I'm sure she will have loads of help from family. Twins are cute, especially identical ones, just not cute enough for me to have any more of them!!

    Colleen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.