Pages

Tuesday 30 November 2010

Weekend Fun

The world always seems a better place with good music and good company, and both was had in abundance on Saturday night. I was lucky enough to get a ticket to a gig in aid of the Colonel's Fund Grenadier Guards. Opening the set were Cariad:

the lovely Becky and my big sis Nia...

...and front man Stephen. They sing a three part harmony version of Ride On by Christy Moore that gives me goosebumps every time I hear it. Bootiful!

Then Whisky Business brought the house down with an amazing set. The Gig was recorded and a live album will be released in a few months. I'll be saving my pennies for that one!

Even the sound technician got up to have a bash.

I definitely intend to go listen to more live music from now on. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and now I've moved my local bar has an open mic night every week. Roll on Thursday nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.