Pages

Friday 26 November 2010

Let it Snow!

I can't help it. I know that practically it's very inconvenient. That driving in it is a bit of a nightmare. But my gosh I just love snow! There's something so magical about it. I love it best when it's thick and deep and undisturbed. Before anyone's big lolloping feet have trudged big trenches through it.


Today it looks like someone has dropped million a tiny crystals over everything.


I have to admit that, although Christmas is my favorite time of year, I've been lacking in the festive spirit this year. I think the only time I've gotten the least bit excited about it was seeing the council putting up the Christmas decorations in our local town. Hopefully if this snow continues for a little while longer it might just gear me up for the festivities.

I've been yearning for cold weather since the end of August pretty much. And this week certainly hasn't disappointed! So I'm about to head out, wrapped up with scarf, hat and gloves, then I'll be back to curl up in front of a log fire with a big mug of tea and some sewing to do. I'm feeling brighter just talking about it - it just might be working already! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same, definitely a winter person! No snow where I am in Leeds as yet though, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.