Pages

Thursday 26 November 2009

Crafty Jemima's First Craft Fair!

Hello lovelies! How are we all on this windy day? A big sorry for not having blogged in a while - I've had the flu for about two weeks now. I'm still not feeling 100% but I haven't been able to stop and take time to get better until now.

So I did my first ever craft fair at Rosemount Primary school last night. I loved it! The day itself was very stressful - everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong and I was convinced that I didn't have enough stuff. But once we got there and set up the stall I started to relax and had a really good time.

I had to twist the BFs arm to come with me but once we got there he completely took over! He set everything up, arranged the displays and wrote the sales down in a little blue notebook as they happened. So sweet! He even re-arranged the stock as soon as we made a sale. Here's our lovely stall:


Now admittedly we didn't sell an awful lot, but we covered the cost of the stall and made a little to enjoy ourselves this weekend. Our Christmas baubles and fabric hearts sold best - I find it really strange to think that something I made will be dangling off some family's Christmas tree this year!

The highlight of my night was that the stall next to us was selling jewelry made by orphans from Teyateyaneng, Lesotho in Africa. Now Lesotho is a small country in southern Africa that I have visited twice and actually stayed in Teyateyaneng both times. I couldn't believe it! Needless to say we had plenty to talk about.

So this morning I woke up with a smile on my face and lay in bed for AGES all warm and comfy. I haven't had a lie in like that for months! And in 4 hours I leave for Belfast to pick up my sister from the airport. I can't wait. I haven't seen her for a couple of months now and I never get to see her on her own without parents, boyfriends, family, etc. I've an itinerary of fun things for us to do including some Christmas crafting. baking and shopping! Oh and putting up our Christmas decorations! We haven't decorated a Christmas tree together since we were kids so even though it's a bit earlier than I would usually put them up I can't resist the opportunity to squabble over baubles again. It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas!


But before she comes I have washing to do, a chicken to roast, and I need to clear up the craft whirlwind which has taken over the house over the past few days so I'd better stop blogging and start cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Looking forward to your comment.